On May 17, Chairman Phil Roe, M.D. (R-Tenn.) released the following statement after the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs favorably passed eleven bills out of committee:
“Today, the members of this committee came together to pass 11 bills to improve the lives of our nation’s heroes and their experiences at VA. I’m particularly proud of the legislation to expedite the appeals process, which has been a priority for this committee and is co-sponsored by every member of the committee. I thank my colleagues for their dedication to veterans, and I look forward to seeing many of these bills advance to the full House of Representatives for a vote.”
The following bills were passed out of committee. You can read the bill text here.
• H.R. 1461, as amended, the VET Protection Act of 2017 (Reps. Arrington and Banks)
• H.R. 2288, the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017 (Rep. Bost)
• H.R. 1725, as amended, the Quicker Veterans Benefits Delivery Act of 2017 (Ranking Member Walz)
• H.R. 1329, as amended, the Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2017 (Rep. Bost)
• H.R. 1005, to improve the provision of adult day health care services for veterans (Rep. Zeldin)
• H.R. 1662, to prohibit smoking in any facility of the Veterans Health Administration (Rep. Wenstrup)
• H.R. 467, the VA Scheduling Accountability Act (Rep. Walorski)
• H.R. 1545, the VA Prescription Data Accountability Act 2017 (Rep. Kuster)
• H.R. 1848, the Veterans Affairs Medical Scribe Pilot Act of 2017 (Chairman Roe)
• H.R. 91, the Building Supportive Networks for Women Veterans Act (Rep. Brownley)
• H.R. 1162, the No Hero Left Untreated Act (Rep. Knight)
- See more at: http://veterans.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1727#sthash.gniSRdDG.dpuf
Read the HVAC press release HERE.